POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help! my sphere test function creates a quad! : help! my sphere test function creates a quad! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  help! my sphere test function creates a quad!
From: Christian Parpart
Date: 31 Jul 2002 13:07:53
Message: <3d481969@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

that's interesting,

I'm about to understand the povray functions but the simple examples (shown
in the official povray doc) doesn't work.

I created an isosurface as follows

isosurface {
  function { sqrt(pow(x, 2) + pow(y, 2) + pow(z, 2)) - 2 }
  pigment { color Gold }
}

All I get is a block not a sphere. So how is this happening. What did I
forget? any extra command line parameter or anything else?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.